My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Monday, November 07, 2005

The tests

I had to have a whole series of tests the last two weeks. Started with a MUGAScan to make sure my heart was pumping the right way and get a baseline since chemo can damage your heart - very nice. Then I had my bone scan. Had to go to nuclear medicine so that they could do the contrast, etc. At this point I am starting to feel something. Like I really do have a long road ahead of me. I have told friends, some relatives, but I am very afraid to tell my parents and my biological family. After researching the chomo protocal called AC-T I realized that I will lose all my hair - eventually everywhere. I had to stop taking birth control because of estrogen positive tests on the tumor. Things were really starting to change and I still hadn't cried. I took a moment to look at wigs and finally lost it. It really is the kids worst fear out of everything. Even more than my death, they are worried about my hair! Anyways, next test was a CT-scan and an EKG, followed by an MRI. I have the results from all but the MRI and they are all generally positive. The CT-scan showed a spot on my liver but that is not unusual. I am hoping to get the MRI results today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home