My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Monday, November 07, 2005

New and not so exciting

Well, Dr. Karp just called and said that the MRI shows a second tumor in the breast and so he needs to recommend a mastectomy as opposed to a lumpectomy. we are still going to do the node biopsy tomorrow and follow with chemo so that I can keep my breast for the four months of chemo. Then we will do a mastectomy, radiation, then reconstruction. This continues to get worse by the day instead of better. My husband is away in Houston so I have told three friends, one of which is allowing me to bring the kids and dinner over for tonight. That way I can release whatever foreboding I have. Hope you read this soon Kim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home