My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Radiation

I had my ninth radiation treatment today. I have started to get a little sunburned but nothing too overwhelming. I have hit a down patch right now. I am finding it very hard to look at myself and see much of what was me left. I have always been a redhead and now I am not. They say that once the cells are fully restored that my hair should come in red again but now it can't decide whether it is blond or brown. My pubic hair is definitely brown, dammit!I can't wear my tank tops as I used to in the hot weather without the worry of my boob falling over the top when I lean forward. the bra's that the boob fits into with a pocket are big and bulky and although they work in a t-shirt, anything with straps thinner than two inches doesn't work. Oh yes, everyone is showing their bra straps now but it isn't the same!

I guess that is enough ranting for now. It still sucks though! Thanks for all the comments about the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home