My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Results

Well, the news is great - all of the genes that were tested were negative for mutations! Of course, there is a slight possibility that those genes that there is no test for yet could be a factor but, what can you do?

So, I don't have to worry about my ovaries and needn't do more than have my regular yearly exam. I am going to wait to see about the left breast and what more shows up on the latest MRI results before I decide on that. But I am so glad that I know now!

I did my blood testing while I was there and everything is good so I am definitely having a treatment tomorrow. Second to last - woo hoo!

I would like to see my surgery scheduled for after school vacation in April so that we can all go somewhere together for some fun! Doug and I will talk about that this weekend and see what we come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home