My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday night

Well, the big wedding weekend was a spectacular success. Ken and Adele were lovely and the two families really got along together and bonded. both families are so loving in two very different ways. I had my hair professionally styled for the first time in my life and I loved it so much! Can't wait to see pictures. Of course there are none of me on our camera! I was approached by a few of Lucy's friends who have also struggled with and beaten breast cancer. I look at them with much admiration and hope. I also look at them and see the big difference - I am 38 years old with two little kids under 10. Their loving support is going to mean much but I need to find someone who is more like me. My support group starts on Wednesday and I will be able to ask there for my person that I can call and talk to that is much like me but has made it to the other side. I am realizing what an internal person I am. I need to look inside for my strength and have almost always found it - but now, I need to learn to reach out. That is going to be the hardest thing for me and I am really not sure I am going to be able to do it. I came home to find that Dr. Karp had called on Friday afternoon. I will call him first thing in the morning. I wonder if this will be good or bad news about my nodes. Oh well, I'll know soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home