My trip with breast cancer

I am 39 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been asked to post my experiences here.

Monday, December 19, 2005

No Hair

This weekend was very bad. I ended up cutting/shaving my hair off yesterday late afternoon. I just couldn't deal with the pain and shedding. So now I have fuzz and a very white scalp. The main thing is that I am still feeling tired, heavy of breath and push to the curb, so to speak. At one point yesterday, Doug had piled folded laundry on half of the bed so I really felt like I should just roll off into the corner and go away. I feel like I am this big piece of meat that is just in the way and the more it gets covered up or moved to the side, the less it will disturb things. I have ruined everything and made incorrect decisions on the houses, what I eat, it doesn't matter. I have it pointed out to me very clearly. Nothing can go forward with me like this. There is no way we will move any time soon, etc, etc. I have finally got something sent to HH for Meaghanne from Santa but still nothing for Jules. No matter what, I have to get that done today.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    I just wanted to encourage you today. I also have lost my hair and wasn't prepared for it to hurt. I was grateful to have it off so the aching scalp would go away. I don't know if you have read my blog yet, but I am just a little bit ahead of you. I will have my second chemo treatment tomorrow and I'm hoping it goes as well as the first did. The encouraging part is at least I don't have to sit and wonder every day when my hair is going to fall out!

    My advice is to just take each day as it comes. You are going to have bad days and it's ok. The trick is to not let one bad day turn into two, three, etc. If you ever want to talk to someone going through the same experience feel free to email me.

    God Bless,
    Fran

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger In His Steps said…

    Kimberly, I found your blog via Fran's. I don't know the feelings that you are dealing with but I am a visiting nurse and care for women like yourself. My prayers are with you at this challenging chapter in your life.
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home